Sub-Saharan Africa Facility
The key characteristics of the financial support provided are as follows:
- Eligible projects: Viable projects undertaken in any Sub-Saharan African nation except the Republic of South Africa and involving some manner of Spanish interest. The priority sectors are:
- Renewable energy
- Infrastructure and public utilities
- Types of financial support:
- Capital holdings
- Subordinated loans
- Subordinated joint venture loans
- Joint venture loans
- Ceiling: €30m with a maximun of up to 70% (FIEX) and 80% (FONPYME) of the total project investment. Capital holdings are limited to 49% of the project company’s share capital.
- Minimum: €75,000
- Present capital endowment (2016): €35m
- Access: Applications must be submitted to COFIDES.
> Other financial instruments