Enlargement Countries Facility
The most relevant characteristics of the financial support provided are as follows:
- Eligible projects: Viable projects undertaken in the European Union enlargement countries and involving some manner of Spanish interest. The priority sectors are:
- Automotive industry
- Environmental management
- Infrastructure and public utilities
- Types of financial support:
- Capital holdings
- Subordinated loans
- Subordinated joint venture loans
- Joint venture loans
- Ceiling: €30m with a maximun of up to 70% (FIEX) and 80% (FONPYME) of the total project investment. Capital holdings are limited to 49% of the project company’s share capital.
- Minimum: €75,000
- Present capital endowment (2016): €60m, drawn from FIEX and FONPYME, funds managed by COFIDES.
- Access: Applications must be submitted to COFIDES.
- Eligible countries: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Turkey.
> Other financial instruments