The key characteristics of the financial support provided are as follows:
- Eligible projects: Viable projects undertaken in China and involving some manner of Spanish interest. Priority is accorded to the infrastructure and public utilities sector, which includes:
- Renewable Energy and co-generation
- Transport and telecommunications infrastructure
- Environment and waste treatment
- Logistics platforms and services
- Water treatment
- Types of financial support:
- Capital holdings
- Subordinated loans
- Subordinated joint venture loans
- Joint venture loans
- Ceiling: €30m with a maximun up to 70% (FIEX) and 80% (FONPYME) of the total project investment. Capital holdings are limited to 49% of the project company’s share capital.
- Minimum: €75,000
- Present capital endowment (2016): €55m.
- Access: Applications must be submitted to COFIDES.
> Other financial instruments