The key characteristics of the financial support provided are as follows:
- Eligible projects: Viable projects undertaken in Australia and involving some degree of Spanish interest. The priority sectors are:
- Infrastructure (roads, railway and sanitation facilities)
- Renewable energy
- Agriculture Sector
- Type of financial support:
- Share capital holdings
- Subordinated loans
- Subordinated joint venture loans.
- Joint venture loans
- Ceiling: €25m, with a maximun up to 70% (FIEX) and 80% (FONPYME) of the total project investment. Capital holdings are limited to 49% of the project company’s share capital.
- Present capital endowment (2016): €25m.
- Entry: Applications must be submitted to COFIDES.
>Other financial instruments