Project assessment criteria
COFIDES applies the following project assessment criteria:
- Sponsors’ entrepreneurial capacity, regardless of whether the sponsors are Spanish or foreign.
- Technical, commercial and financial viability.
- Sponsors’ commitment to the project, usually evaluated in terms of a sufficient capitalization rate.
- Existence of suitable mechanisms to mitigate political and commercial risk.
- Favourable atmosphere in the target country.
- Project contribution to the internationalization of Spanish enterprise and the Spanish economy.
- Contribution to host country development.
- Suitable management of the environmental and social aspects of the project.
- Good corporate governance.
COFIDES involvement is always guided by the principle of “shared risk”, whereby COFIDES never assumes greater risk in a project than the sponsors themselves.