Fund for SME foreign investment operations (FONPYME)
The fund can be used for minority, temporary holdings in the share capital of small and medium-sized companies located outside Spain
The most relevant characteristics of the financial support provided by this fund are as follows:
- Eligible projects: viable SME projects undertaken abroad and involving some manner of Spanish interest.
- Types of financial support provided:
- Capital holdings.
- Quasi-capital like instruments.
- Ceiling: 5 million euros.
- Minimum: 250,000 euros per operation.
- Present capital endowment (2012): 45 million euros.
- Co-financing: operations are co-financed by COFIDES in countries where the company is allowed to operate.
- Access: applications must be submitted to COFIDES, the designated fund manager.
>> Other financial instruments